Re: Have you heard more about this???

>I don't think that the decision to leave will be Mel's when the time
>comes.  Sumner has a way of getting his way.

The same used to be said of Bill Paley, was it not? :-)  Ultimately, though,
Paley was kicked out by the CBS board (which was still largely hand-picked
by him) when "the time came".

Don't get me wrong - I'm not willing to place any bets on who would win
a Redstone/Karmazin showdown if one came.  But it certainly isn't a sure
thing that such a battle will even happen.  It could all go according to
script, with Sumner retiring and Mel taking the reigns in a few years
time.  As was said earlier, time will tell.

- -Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu