Re: Herald File Photo/ WHUE

On 6 Sep 99,  Donna Halper wrote:

> The calls were changed in 1985, as I recall.  It got confusing because the
> AM and the FM were at one time both WHUE (WHUE and WHUE-FM), and then they
> got two different owners, two different calls, etc.  Hey, do you remember
> this, from 19 June 1984, speaking of the old WHUE:

Who originally changed the calls to WHUE?  Seems to me it was Plough that
changed WCOP to WACQ and WCOP-FM to WTTK.  Then someone changed them to
WHUE-AM/FM.   Someone at some point changed the AM to WSNY and then
changed it back again, all the while keeping the beautiful music format.
And then, they changed WHUE to all-news for awhile (mainly all CNN
Headline News.  Sounded awful!), then changed it back to beautiful music.
Then, the stations were sold again, and the AM became WMEX.  The FM became
WKKT for a brief period, then WZLX.  And one of them was WCOZ for a week
or two, but I can't remember which one.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/