Re: Herald File Photo/ WHUE

Mark wrote:
>The Herald had a picture of the Park St. Station platform today,
>marked "Herald File Photo," and they must have dug deep in the
>files to find it.  Featured prominently in the subway station was a
>large ad for WHUE!  How long has it been since we heard those
>call letters?

The calls were changed in 1985, as I recall.  It got confusing because the
AM and the FM were at one time both WHUE (WHUE and WHUE-FM), and then they
got two different owners, two different calls, etc.  Hey, do you remember
this, from 19 June 1984, speaking of the old WHUE:

                       " WHUE-AM (1150), which was purchased two weeks ago
by the
                        Tanger family, will become Boston's second 24-hour
all-news radio
                        station next month. WHUE-FM (101) will retain the
beautiful-music
                        format that both stations have shared the last five
years.

                        Douglas H. Tanger, vice president and general
manager, announced
                        the change yesterday."  (from the Boston Globe)