Wide-open FM reception in CT

>All of southern New England, New York City, Long Island and New Jersey
>seemed to be booming in on FM and VHF Thursday night here in central CT.
>I work nights at a newspaper and was hearing Brooklyn all night long on
>the newsroom scanner (154.37) -- lots of references to Coney Island that
>baffled a rookie reporter who surmised that the "good weather" was
>bringing in the DX.

Hi Howard,
Everything went nuts last night. TV all the way up to channel 13 and
beyond, scanners and Broadcast FM were all hopping.  A big discussion on
the NYRadio Board today.  Philly/Boston FM stations were bombing into
western CT area. The scanner was picking up public service frequemcies all
the way down south.  The TV channels were fading in and out at a rapid
pace.  Even the cable tv delievered channels were messed up.  A great night
for DXing.
Pete