Re: most influential?

>it was written--
>
>>James Coppersmith (is that the name of the CVB former GM?)
>He was  the GM of the old channel 7 during the early to mid 70s, as I
>recall, and in 1982 was hired by channel 5.

He was responsible for "finding our new anchor in a hotel room in
Denver(?)..." for Channel 7(WNAC).

Does anyone remember that promotion?

I lived out in the boonies, so I wasn't reading the Boston papers at the
time...but, as I understand it....the papers skewered Channel 7 for that
transparent effort.
(Apparently this anchor was graced with good looks...but little else.)

Does anyone remember his name?

(Was it Jay Scott?)

BM