station websites

I find the topic of station websites very amusing, because many stations
are missing out on a huge marketing and sales opportunity.

(shameless plug...)

Here at WZID/Manchester, we took our time to get our site up and running.
 It has news, weather, and community events/PSA's updated daily as well
as current station info, etc....  We are also selling ads on a feature
called JOBWATCH (help wanted ads) which ties into an on-air feature by
the same name.  Holidays will bring an internet shopping guide (link
page) and other goodies.  These are all new off-air revenue streams for
the station that do not eat any inventory.  We also created an e-mail
list, and are bribing listeners to join up with excellent prizes.  The
opportunities are endless.

IMO: Many stations that have a site and do nothing with it would be
better off not having the site to begin with.  It's embarassing.

Jordan Guagliumi
95.7 WZID/Manchester
jordan-nh@juno.com