Re: why put talk on FM??? Well....

While it was a tiny station, I did my first talk show for over 4 years at
WMFO 91.5 FM in Medford, the Tufts community station. Everyone always said
that the clarity of FM made discussion a bit more appealing versus the
scratchy AM talk. My show got a couple of complementary paragraphs in Dan
Kennedy/Boston Phoenix article called "The Death of Talk Radio"
[http://www.bostonphoenix.com/alt1/archive/news/97/05/08/TALK_RADIO.html].
There are other talk shows, dealing with a multitude of topics and interests
on all of the small, noncommercial FMs in Boston so it isn't surprising that
a commercial FM talk station is finally happening here.  With WRKO the only
game in town and over 50% of it's on-air time syndicated (granted, Howie Carr
is local produced syndication), competition was needed badly, whether on AM
or FM. Does anyone know what 96.9's coverage is like?

Tony