Re: More Western Mass radio

A. Joseph Ross wrote:

> I'm now in Brattleboro, VT, where earlier today, I passed by the
> studios of WSSH-AM & FM.

That would be WSSH FM & FM (&FM).  The building which bears the WSSH
calls on Main Streeet, which once housed a movie theater, was gutted by a
spectacular fire in 1991 (which myself and probably a third of the
student body at Brattleboro Union High school skipped school to see).
You could see the smoke for miles.  Since then, the building has been
rebuilt and carved into offices (and radio studios).  From what I've seen
of the inside of the building (haven't seen WSSH's quarters), it's quite
nice... compared to the disrepair it was in during its final days as The
Paramount (I still remember seeing new releases there for a dollar on
Monday nights on the old ripped screen...c. 1990).

Doug Bassett
Brattleboro, Vt.