More Western Mass radio

This morning, I went to the tourist center across the street from my
motel in South Deerfield, to get breakfast.  And I discovered that
the studios of PWVQ, Pioneer Valley Country, was located there.
Their van parked in front said WPVQ with three frequencies.  I assume
they don't remember the other call letters except for legal IDs, if
then.  I believe that WPVQ is actually licensed to Turner's Falls,
which, like Hyannis and Chestnut Hill, isn't really a town, just a
village in the town of Montague.

Later on, I listened in my car to WARE (They ID Ware-Sturbridge) at
1250 AM, still doing oldies.  And it occurred to me, how did it
happen that WARE is at 1250 and WHAI is at 1240, so close together?
I listened to WARE as I was driving up from South Deerfield to
Greenfield, and it didn't fade so much as break up from co-channel
interference as I approached Greenfield.

I'm now in Brattleboro, VT, where earlier today, I passed by the
studios of WSSH-AM & FM.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                              lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503               http://world.std.com/~lawyer/