Re: What Donna said

And don't forget the 50 kW DA-D station in MD about 20
miles south of DC. If I recall, that station is close
enough to Chesapeake Bay that there is a good salt water
path most of the way to Norfolk. When the MD station
first went on the air 15 or 20 years ago (it was 10 kW
DA-D then), it had the calls WBZE. Supposedly, those
calls were picked so that the daytime local signal plus
the dynamite nighttime signal from WBZ would give the
casual listener the impression that all the programming
was coming from one station (!)

>   On my Norfolk,Virginia trip last week I was getting WBZ loud and
clear
>on the Dodge Caravan factory radio as early as 8:30PM.During the
day I was
>getting a religious station on 1030,wasn't local,but still a listenable
>signal in the Norfolk area and on the Eastern Shore of Virginia into
>Maryland during the day.I would guess the 50KW DA-D on 1030 from
North