RE: Interesting Cable Channels in Norfolk VA

Cox cable in Rhode Island rebroadcasts WLNE Ch. 6 news 24 hours a day.
The last broadcasted news is repeated until replaced by the newest
news.  Tends to be boring and way out of time for me.

- -Larry

Mark
 > Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 1999 12:17 AM
 > To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
 > Subject: Interesting Cable Channels in Norfolk VA
 >

 > I was on vacation in Norfolk VA last week.I found a couple of
 > interesting channels on the cable TV system there(Cox
Communications).One
 > channel is called LNC(Local News Channel) which shows continuous
 > rebroadcasts of WVEC-TV(Ch.13) newscasts.Example:They have a 5-7AM
 > newscast.At 7AM,the LNC channel is showing the 6:30 AM portion of
that newscast.At
 > 7:30,they start over with showing the 5AM portion of the
newscast.They keep
 > showing this 5-7AM broadcast till 12:30PM,when they start showing
the Noon
 > news,that will keep running till 5:30PM,when they start showing the
5PM,and
 > so on.Also,the have the Local Weather Channel(LWC) which shows the
latest
 > National Weather Service local forcasts along with
temps/conditions/tides,etc 24/7.

 > Also,at :25 and :55 past the hour,the CNN Headline News channel
there
 > carries a local news headline update(about 3 min.in length)produced
by
 > WTKR-TV(Ch.3).
 >
 > Just curious if anyone knows of any other cable systems have
similar
 > channels that rebroadcast local news or have local news drop-ins to
CNN