Re: CIQC Remote Broadcast from Hampton Beach

On 16 Aug 99,  Stephen Pickford wrote:

> CIQC AM 600, The World's First Radio Station (founded in 1919 by Marconi
> himself), will be broadcasting live this Saturday, August 22nd, from
> Hampton Beach, NH...on the stage adjacent to the Chamber of Commerce
> information center on Ocean Blvd., from 1100-Noon.

I'd heard that there was a Canadian station that claimed priority over
KDKA, but I was never clear on the details.  What was the story of the
founding of CIQC?

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/