Try again (earlier in the day)

My earlier posting on three subjects went to the
archives literally minutes after it was sent but got
only one reply to my personal e-mail but no comment
on the board.  Two of then seemed to be at least
moderately interesting, and the Jibguy has commented on
the third so let's try again:
(1) WNNW-AM 1110 in Salem, NH has been transmitting a
carrier outside of its broadcast day for over a month
(I erred in saying it was broadcasting until 9:00
pm in Aug;  it does its sign-off now at 8:30 pm).
Then the carrier stays on at apparently full power
all night long till the next morning, weekdays AND
weekends.  Is this legal (question for J. Ross Esq)
and isn't it an expensive waste of electricity (a
question for Garret or Dan or Scott who may opine
that not turning off and restarting a transmitter is
cost efficient in the long run)?
(2) WBPS's new owners seem to have spent the money to
bring the signal up to specs and make it competitive
in Metro Boston.  I first noticed it in mid-July when
it suddenly caused splatter on WMVU, AM 900 in Nashua
so the question is:  how much of the signal is getting
into Lowell/Chelmsford/Tyngsboro and should WMVU worry?
(3)  The pirate at 99.9 FM in Lawrence is GONE; nothing
in the Lawrence Eagle-Tribune about it;  the Jibguy
has commented about it on LTAR and I thought he'd like
to know.

Laurence  from  Methuen

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com