Re: WRKO Update

- --- "Kaimbridge M. GoldChild" <kaimbridge@my-deja.com> wrote:

> Also, in the last couple of days, I've noticed the on-air, host-producer
> banter has returned (in both the morning and afternoon shows):  Has this
> been sanctioned by The Union, or has one of Uncle Al's first
> achievements been to tell The Union to go choke on a cactus?

Sanctioned. I hear they only get 6 minutes(each) an hour under the new arrangement.

> Finally, some syndicated, fluff call-in show ("Stephanie"
> something--sounds like a lame "Two Chicks"/"Joan Rivers" type format)
> has--at least temporarily--been given the 10p-12a slot, with Art Bell
> replay filling the 12-1a cavity.

Stephanie Miller(or www.stephaniemiller.com as she refers to herself). I first
heard in LA this past winter. Very lame. For someone who's not funny,
she's doing quite well for herself.

She's been on KABC/LA for the past 2 years. I guess this is part of
the bonus plan that landed Matt Drudge on Sunday nights. Now 'RKO
is stuck carrying cheap, second tier talk product from ABC networks
whenever regular local talent is on vacation. I guess you get what  you
pay for.

I just hope Mayers doesn't permanently cut Tai's schedule(to 7-10pm)
in order to keep Miller around from 10pm to Midnight. That would be a mistake, IMHO.

Mark