Re: in the darkness of the Maine seacoast

Kevin Vahey wrote:

> Overall it is sad to hear the state of Portland radio today.... was it
> really only 10 odd years ago that stations like WMGX or WWGT had a "big
> city" feel to them?

All in all, I feel pretty lucky to have been in the radio biz when I was (WWGT
from beginning to end) and to have gotten out just in time.  Portland radio is
indeed wretched today; one can only hope Citadel and the Phoenix will liven
things up in time for the millenium.  But I'm not counting on it...hell, even
Boston radio isn't what it was just two years ago!

Take care,

Chris