Re: in the darkness of the Maine seacoast

In a message dated 8/10/99 3:29:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time, beckwith@ime.net
writes:

<< WJAE (WJAB is just an on-air slogan tied to their
 historic call letters and related jingle package) has its three-tower array
just
 off Route 25 in Westbrook, west of downtown and near the Gorham town
 line, several miles west of Exit 8.  Their old tower adjacent to the 583
Warren
 Avenue studio facility (which is indeed near Exit 8) was used during my
 tenure in the 80s as a 250w backup >>

thanks for the clarification...  on the calls, old(new) habits die hard.
(heck, i still call 970 WCSH... in casual conversation,that is).  on the
tower, dope-slap on me.  i knew that.  really.  honest. (i had an off list
conversation with The Bump-ster about the lone stick on the pike on the left,
going north, just the other day.  it's probably where my complete mental
lapse/breakdown occured.) it's still a dismal signal, though.  get south of
scarborough on the pike and it's all downhill from there...

chuck igo