Re: The Bus has pulled into Worcester

WORC-FM was just purchased by Montachusett Broadcasting (WXLO) and has just
moved into the Montachusett studios in Worcester.  It's not going anywhere.
When the station went up for sale last winter, I heard there were several
interested bidders, including Capstar (now AMFM), the folks at WWFX, and
Montachusett.  Minditch may have made an offer as well but I don't know for
sure.

Minditch has said he would like to buy a Cape Cod signal, but there are no
sellers out there right now.  Ernie Boch and Makkay Broadcasting have most of
the market's signals in their respective clusters and the few standalones (WQRC,
WFCC, WMVY and I think WOCN) are very sucessful as they are and would probably
not sell.  He may have his eye on WKPE-Orleans or the unbuilt CP in Truro.  I
think there is also a CP in Brewster.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7