Re: Canadian Content

Mike wrote:
>Actually, I thought that the Canadian Content rules only applied to FM
>stations.
>One of the reasons I was given as to why Top 40 radio survived on AM in Canada
>long after it moved to FM in the US was that there were no content
>restrictions
>on AM's.  Can anyone clarify??

AM did have CanCon regulations, but they were not as restrictive as the
ones for FM back then-- FM could only play hits 17 times in a week, for
example, and they had to do a certain amount of educational programming
every day, while AM did not have that requirement.  But playing a certain
number of Canadian artists daily applied to both AM and FM stations.