Re: The Bus has pulled into Worcester

At 11:35 AM 8/2/99 -0400, Mike Thomas wrote:
>I'm not sure where they came up with the slogan for "The Bus."  It was a
cutesy
>slogan that was popping up on a few stations across the country right around
>the time the previous owners flipped the format.

My only theory was that it was to give the station a hippie image (being
"on the bus" is a euphemism for being an active Deadhead).  This was
underscored in my mind by hearing them do a remote from a record release
party last spring for the (then) latest in the series of "Dick's Picks" CDs.

I'm sure any hippie references went right over the heads of the airstaff,
none of whom I ever heard sounded old enough to have significant memories
of the 80s, let alone the 60s.