From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Gavin
B. Burt
Sent: Monday, August 02, 1999 7:52 AM
To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Subject: Manchester oldies

Formatically, WQLL is much more focused than WNNH is.

This was written by someone into the
Boston-Radio-Interest mailing list.  While I may just
be a 19 year- old who is too young to know anything
about oldies, I certainly like WNNH more than WQLL for
the following reason:  They play more oldies, which
translates to my listening longer.  On stations that
are like WQLL, I don't bother listening past the
commercial because I know the chances are better than
2 to 1 that the next song that comes on will be a
burnout.  Come to think of it, I wouldn't bother
listening to WQLL period.

That is what I believe is wrong with Albany radio.
How can people stand to hear "Brown-Eyed Girl" played
on five stations, ten times a day?  I can't.  But I
hear quite a lot about how "it works".  Maybe it does,
but if everyone were a button pusher like I am, how
would advertisers survive?

No, maybe WNNH isn't very focused when it comes to
oldies.  But then one could might that about another
great station, WCKM in Lake George, N.Y.  But the
advertisers of both stations will get heard by me.

Gavin Burt, Burt, Burt (sorry, just being like our
local radio stations)
gbbradio@yahoo.com