WLVI calls in Albany???

In an article in the Albany, N.Y. Capital District
Business Review for the week of August 2, it was
reported that WMHQ, channel 45, in Schenectady, N.Y.
will be changing their call letters to WLVI on arrival
of the WB network (WMHQ is currently PBS).  Not only
are these not the calls that are being put on (Scott
correctly reported that the new calls on channel 45
will be WEWB), but these are already being used on
channel 56 in Cambridge/Boston, Massachusetts!

This comes a week after WSRD (104.9 Altamont) was
listed as being oldies (it hasn't had that format
since March 10), WIZR was listed as being Big Bands
(they've been soft gold since June), and some other
stations were given wrong formats.  This kind of
reporting can really get on the nerves of a radio/TV
buff.  I think instead of calling these people and
telling them they are wrong, I will call WLVI and like
I don't know better, ask if their calls are being
moved to channel 45 in Schenectady, and when told I'm
wrong, I'll just say I saw it in the CDBR.

The article about the WLVI calls should be on the
www.amcity.com/albany on Monday.  Go to leading
stories to find it.

Gavin Burt
Albany, New Jersey (er, I mean New York-guess I've
been reading some local radio/TV articles to find out
what state I'm in).