Re: STE....REO (was: NorthEast Radio Watch 7/16: WZEN)

In a message dated 7/23/99 6:40:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, billo@erols.com
writes:

<< One weekend night shift at the former Wish 99.5 WSSH
 (whisper) Lowell (speak) Boston, I put on the headphones when the
 Mama's & Papa's "Monday Monday" was playing.  It was the "new" CD
 release.  The L/R split was so wide, I could feel my face stretching
 from one side of the room to the other >>

and now, with the newer phase-correcting technology, depending on the attack
settings, you may or may not get to experience that phenomenon.
on a song such as "Monday Monday" where the left starts the tune, and the
right has nothing until the first little drum shot, the vocal on the left
will be ok for about :02 or :03, then the phase-correction kicks in and it
monos it out.
"Mrs.Robinson" by S&G also has this effect... at the intro.
Beatles "stereo" cuts have pretty consistent simulataneous separate audio, so
we don't usually get any jumps from stereo to mono and back ..
remastering is not always for the best, imo.  i like listening to some of the
older cuts in original black&white.

chuck igo