Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 7/16: WZEN

>Numerous modern maps continue this
>fiction of a community named Winnipesaukee near the end of Moultonboro
>Neck, although the dot isn't in the right place for where the P.O. used
>to be.

Hi David,
Just for discussion purposes only, mapmakers (cartographers) routinely put
in maps a item called, in professional circles, a distortion.  This is used
for copyright reasons.  If any company tries to steal another company's
map, the lawyers look for these distortions.
Now for the fun side, although raised in CT, I was born and spent all my
vacations as a kid in Laconia.  BTW, my uncle writes for the Citizen and is
president of the historical society. A walking history book on the area, he
is also the author of a number of books on local history. Next time we
chat, I'll have to pose that question for him.
Pete