Re: IMUS OUT AT WEEI

Mark Laurence writes:
> True, columnists should have more room to speculate than
> reporters.  But they should choose their words carefully to indicate
> whether their ideas are fact or opinion.  Dean wrote, "Look for Imus
> to show up at one of the local Greater Media outlets."  That sounds
> like a factual statement, which really needs some kind of
> attribution, even if it's labelled as from "an unnamed source."

Yes, when I read that this morning, my right eyebrow kicked up a bit.
But anyway, I wondered, why wouldn't an Infinity station be in the
running, keeping the gig in the family.  If GM was turning Imus out
due to lower performance factors, what rationale could they present to
"happy spin" him onto another GM property?  Hmm?

Bill O'Neill