Re: IMUS OUT AT WEEI

On 9 Jul 99, at 10:30, Dib9@aol.com wrote:

> One man's rumor mongering is another man's informed speculation or analysis
> of events.  That's entirely appropriate in Dean Johnson's stories which do
> run as columns, not just straight news.

My point exactly.  You want press releases, read the Globe.

Take care,

Chris

P.S.  Chuck, you've got a good point in that Imus has in a sense
had his chance to succeed or fail as a long-term proposition in
Boston--but I think that observation is reflecive largely of the
station's all-around weakness and not necessarily of Imus' merits.
It could be that Imus and WEEI were never a good fit, and the
ratings reflected that over time.