WCRN

One reason for the high sale price (reportedly $20
million) that Carter is getting for his six AMs and an
FM (Rumford--1 AM and 1 FM, and AMs in Portland, Boston,
Worcester, Springfield, and Providence) is the
application I just spotted for WCRN. WCRN has applied to
increase its day power from 7 kW to 50 kW, with no
changes to _anything_ else (pattern would remain the
same--just a stronger signal in every direction). I can
think of three reasons why the FCC might reject this
application (the 840 in New Britain, which the day
pattern was designed to protect, WEEI, and daytime-
skywave interference to WCCO). It will be interesting to
see what, if anything, happens with this application.