Re: WTBS (Was: 1957)

Shawn Mamros wrote:

<<Heck, with all of ten watts of power off of the top of a three-story
building (which is all the station had for its first ten years on FM,
1961-71), WTBS was probably lucky if it made it out to the near side of
the Arlington hills, never mind going beyond that...
Anybody know just how far the station's reach was in those days? (I
wasn't born yet, and even by the time that came around, I was still 600
or so miles away... the 86th harmonic of KDKA was probably stronger than
WTBS! :-)>>

I recall listening to it in Swampscott on my dad's tuner, with one of
those indoor twin-lead antennas. Signal was weak, but listenable.

What sort of power was 'TBS running, and from what location, in 1972-73?
Those were the years I was listening to "Night Owl" regularly.

Howard