Re: wmea (ch-10 Portland)outage? & WASR Wolfeboro NH

John Bolduc wrote:

>  While in Wolfeboro Monday evening
> around
> 6:30 PM WASR AM 1420 went apparently dead.

I thought WASR has been signing off around 6:05 p.m. for some years
now--even during the summer.  Perhaps you were hearing some engineering
work.  Last weekend, by the way, was the first time I heard the ID "The
Talk of the Towns, WASR, Wolfeboro-Gilford-Meredith."  It made me wonder
if Al Severy was thinking about dumping the adult standards that fill
most of the day.
Yet another by the way...the sign at the end of the drive says/said (I
don't know if it's still there) "All Seasons Radio" but we all figured
the calls were really for Al Severy Radio.  If you prefer to take the
romantic outlook, you may take his wife into account and call it Al &
Sharon Radio.  When I visited a couple years ago they were once again
living in the same building as the radio station.  They had moved out in
the mid-80s to make room for WLKZ's studios (long since moved to
Gilford).