Re: wmea (ch-10 Portland)outage? & WASR Wolfeboro NH

Channel 10 Augusta is out of my range, but it would be interesting to not if you
were watching via your own antenna or on cable.

I had my own strange event to report. While in Wolfeboro Monday evening around
6:30 PM WASR AM 1420 went apparently dead. There appeared to be a carrier, but
it was difficult to tell as most of the AM band went dead. I was only about 3/4
mile from the transmitter site at the time. It was if somebody had disconnected
the antenna from the tranmission line and resulting in a trashing of most of the
AM broadcast band in the vicinity of the station.

Driving out of town, distant stations on 1420 started coming in, only about four
miles from the transmitter site, and the rest of the AM was back to normal.

John

Hi

This evening around 6:30 I turned to ch 10 in Portland, me
to find nothing but snow.