Re: 1957

Jim said:

> I lived in Somerville near Tufts at the time.  I don't remember what the
> program was now, but there was something on WTBS on Saturday nights that I
> just HAD to listen to.  So every Saturday night I would steal aluminum foil
> from my mom's kitchen to hang on the rabbit ears antenna I was using on my
> FM radio, desperately trying to bring in WTBS well enough to listen to. :)

 Does that actually work?? (wrapping tinfoil on an FM/TV antenna to
improve its reception? Somehow I doubt it...but i wonder how that got
started.

- --
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@lily.org>                          the needs of the few
<http://www.lily.org/~sven>                      or the one."
                                                     -- Surak