Re: CIQC & CKVL Move Positions

<<On Mon, 21 Jun 1999 23:24:54 -0700 (PDT), Bob Nelson <bluesradio_99@yahoo.com> said:

> Does this mean people in certain parts of the Boston area will no
> longer be picking up "something in
> French" on 850 instead of the Red Sox game on WEEI?

Presumably this depends on whether the CRTC accepts applications for
the to-be-abandoned 850 channel.  (Makes me glad I managed to visit
all of Montreal's AMs before they got killed.)

Given the CRTC's history, it seems to me unlikely.  They don't seem to
be particularly interested in licensing totally new radio stations in
Montreal, and the only AM stations left who could move wouldn't want
to -- CKAC has the best signal in town, and CFMB's is not bad now that
they have 50 kW full-time on a less-crowded channel (1280).

- -GAWollman

- --