Re: CIQC & CKVL Move Positions

Well, the outfit that lost its bid for 690 and 940--the
one that was proposing a French country-music format on
690 and a similar format in English on 940--might want
to apply to do French country music on 850 and a similar
format in English on 600. Or, if the CBC is really
serious about a Radio 3 service, it could apply for
either frequency. Although 850 had 50 kW-D and 10 kW-N
vs 600's 10 kW-D/5 kW-N, it's not completely obvious
that 600 isn't the better of the two frequencies.

Also, it seems pretty clear that the CRTC just looked
the other way when CKVL started operating outside of its
authorized parameters. Had the CRTC been vigilent, I
don't think CKVL would have caused significant nighttime
interference in the Boston area to WEEI. However, ever
since CKVL moved to 850 (in the 1950s), it has caused
significant daytime interference to the Boston 850 in
the northern Connecticut Valley of NH and VT.