Re: WEEI

Mark Shneyder wrote,

>- --- "Kaimbridge M. GoldChild" <kaimbridge@my-deja.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ah, aren't we forgetting about EEI's morning-anemic sister and fellow
>> Entercom station?  Can anyone say "Jeff and Darlene go buhbye"?
>
> Aren't they being sent to China for a month this summer
> as part of a special sales promotion with a travel agency?
>
> First on-air casualty of Entercom's housecleaning
> are the Money Guys(aka Money Experts). Their
> long running show is history. Syndicated Bob Brinker now
> follows Moes on Sundays...

     4-7PM - Bob Brinker;
     7-9PM - Dr. Dean Edell.

 I suspect this--at least Dean Edell--is just stop gap, as Radio Digest
reports Matt Drudge goes national next month:

    RD> According to several sources, Drudge will air a Sunday night
    RD> call-in talk show on WABC/New York, KABC/Los Angeles,
    RD> WLS/Chicago, KGO/San Francisco, WMAL/Washington,
    RD> WJR/Detroit and WRKO/Boston.

 Full article starts at:

     http://www.radiodigest.com/news/1999/nat_062199_drudge1.htm

 As for "The Money Experts", I don't think they ever really took to that
slot--a lot of times one of them would be off, unannounced, with some
unknown, nonradio local as a fill-in cohost (sometimes even going solo).

     ~Kaimbridge~