RE: WCRN and WNSH

My reference to WABC was, of course, wrong. Sorry. I was
thinking of WVNE, whose power is limited to 25 kW to
protect WABC. But WVNE is ND. WCRN's day pattern
protects the AM 840 licensed to New Britain CT. (Don't
know the current calls.) The effect is about the same,
though. New Britain is not far off of a line drawn from
Worcester to New York. However, if WCRN were protecting
a first-adjacent 50 kW station sited in northern NJ, and
that were the only station it was protecting during the
day, it would not need to be directional at all during
the daytime--at least not with its current power.
Needless to say, no protection of 10-kW WNYC is
necessary.