Re: First airborne radio traffic reports?

Marty asked--
>        Does anyone know when WHDH started? My first recollection is in the
>early '60s with Kevin O'Keefe and the "Skyway Patrol." I think they used a
>helicopter. I don't know if he was their original traffic reporter.

>From an article in the Boston Globe of  23 Sept. 1981:

"Kevin O'Keefe of WEEI is the veteran traffic monitor in Boston. A former
                  radio disc jockey and television newscaster, O'Keefe
started in the WHDH
                  traffic helicopter in 1963, taking over from Bruce
Talford, who originated the
                  job for WHDH in 1961. O'Keefe shifted to WEEI in 1974,
when it became
                  an all- news station..."