Re: Ch. 39 Concord NH

Eric Jacobs wrote:

> Can anyone shed some light on a LPTV licensed to Concord,NH? I caught it
> very weakly on a portable TV,there were colorbars with,IIRC, W39AB
> Concord. Does this station exist,or is it some freak of reception?

Is W39AR still on the air?  After a few nights of local programs in
January of 1996 it went to tone-n-bars for the rest of the year and
hasn't been seen be me since.  I live within a mile of the transmitter
(where it used to be, anyway) and W39AR was always stepping on WSBK-TV.
Outside of checking out Dilbert earlier this year, I've had no occasion
to turn to Ch. 38 in the last several years, but there was certainly
nothing on Ch. 39 on those rare occasions when I've had 38 on.  I'm much
more likely to have 41 (WVTA Windsor VT) on, and there used to be some
interference there as well but I've seen no sign of it in the past
couple years.  This week I took the extra step of stopping on Ch. 39 a
few times--nothing.  If I read the FCC database correctly, an
application for license renewal was filed earlier this year.