Re: Rock 101 Format

WGIR is an AOR station, which by definition plays anything in the rock format.
Since the format tries to juggle music from the last 35 years, it can sometimes
sound inconsistant.  Also, WGIR is being run from Portsmouth and I'm not sure
if they even have an MD at this point, since Scott Laudani bolted to Arrow.
That may explain the music inconsistancy.  As far as their alternative imaging,
they probably do this to differenciate themselves from I93.3/107.7--which is
Classic rock.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7