Re: Star 93.7 "pitching" their music...? 5%?

Keep in mind that Mark Driscoll was up until recently the voice used at Kiss
108.  I'm sure that Star, which is looking to grab some of Kiss's upper end
listeners wants a familiar voice to go along with the retro music.  As far as
Barry White is concerned--he has turned out to be a great imaging voice, but
his sound is much more appropriate on an Urban AC or Jazz station.  Star is
much more of a foreground format and is also appealing to a mostly white
audience.  Marks best days are probably behind him, but using him makes sense
for what Star is trying to do.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7