NERW Get-Together This Saturday: Plans Finalized

If you're able to join us this Saturday (June 12) down in Providence,
you'll be pleased to know that we have a meeting place and a time.

The NERW-mobile will head south from Boston early Saturday morning
to check out some northern Rhode Island and greater Providence sites;
anyone wishing to join up with us is encouraged to send e-mail to
<bra@bostonradio.org> and we'll set up a meeting time and place.

The Big Events:

At 12 noon (well, 12:05, after we finish rolling tape on top-of-the-
hour IDs), we'll sit down for lunch at Gregg's Restaurant, 1303
North Main Street in Providence.  The restaurant phone number is
401-831-5700; if you need directions in, you can reach the NERW
cellphone at 716-766-5261 Saturday morning. We'll order off the menu
and each pay individually.

Bring whatever radio/TV goodies you'd like to show off -- bumper
stickers (for show or trade), aircheck lists, tower photos, cool
electronic toys, T-shirts, you name it.  Those of you who work
at radio/TV stations are highly encouraged to bring promo items
to share with the group (which is expected to number 15-25 people).

We'll leave the restaurant about 1:45 and head up to the Museum of
Rhode Island History, 110 Benevolent Street, for a private viewing
of their "Live From Studio 1-A!" exhibit on the history of Rhode
Island broadcasting.  Admission is $2.

After we see the exhibit, the NERW-mobile will continue south, heading
for the tower sites of South County.  Anyone wishing to join the
caravan is more than welcome to do so.

For late updates on the schedule, check the Get-Together page at:

<http://www.bostonradio.org/radio/nerw/nerw-99gtg.html>

Hope to see you in Providence!

- -s