Re: WEZE/WTAG (fwd)

Dan wrote--
>No, Donna. We've been all though this--over and over
>again--here on this group, maybe 18 months ago.

Well, I was hoping this could be a private matter between me and Dan, but
evidently not.  Okay, one more time-- I KNOW THAT WEZE AND WLAW WERE NOT
THE SAME STATION NOR WAS WNAC THE RELATIVE OF WLAW EXCEPT BY VIRTUE OF THE
FACT THAT SHEPARD HAD WANTED A LOWER FREQUENCY FOR YEARS.  My only point
was that somebody had mentioned WEZE as an old station.  It really didn't
exist under those calls till 1957.  That's all I meant.  Really.

Dan wrote--

>What happened was that General Tire and Rubber, which
>owned WNAC (1260 kHz 5 kW DA-N) bought WLAW (680 kHz 50
>kW DA-1) from (I believe) the family of Horace Hildreth,

Nope.  The family of Alexander Rogers.  Hildreth's stations were in Maine, yes?

Anyway, my apologies for any confusion-- all I was trying to do was show
where each of the call letters had first been used.