Re: Alex Beam column

Sean Smyth wrote:<>snip>WRKO program director Kevin Straley blamed Carr's
>winter numbers on the poor winter weather. "After dark, you can barely hear
>the station in Wellesley," said Straley in the story. Nice excuse.
<snip>

        Extremely poor excuse, IMO. The station has had the same night
pattern since WNAC bought the signal in 1953. How do Carr's numbers compare
with the previous winters, if the station wants to use the night pattern as
an excuse? And Wellesley isn't really a bad spot for them at night. Try
Framingham <g>. Also, I don't get the reference to "poor winter weather."
They change pattern at the same time specified for each month whether the
weather is nice or bad.