Re: TV Skip (was Re: Some DX notes.....)

  Here in New York, before the Korean Broadcasting System set up a tv
station on channel 17 I would get PHL-17 out of Philadelphia on some
nights with a remarkably clear picture/sound. Of course, this was whenever
WPIX-TV 11's spastic UHF sister station (W17AC) was not on the air (which
was quite often).  The Korean station later bought (or maybe is renting)
this UHF setup and have vastly improved the signal quality in NewYork
City.

I would also get Philly 57 (now a UPN relay) and on some nights even the
fox relay (i think
it's 29) and the PBS relay from scranton or somewhere like that.

Currently I'm working on the 47th floor of a skyscraper that's about 5
blocks from the world trade center. What's funny is that it's easier to
get tv stations from Philadelphia. I've watched UPN's Philadelphia channel
here with better quality than the local New York frequency (on channel 9
from the top of the twin towers). Weird.

Now if I could only catch WABU-68 (oh well...i guess you can't have
everything *grin*)

- --
Sven F. Weil
e-mail: sven@lily.org