Re: NHPR goes north of Pinkham Notch

On top of this, I heard that Vermont Public Radio
was supposed to put a station on in St. Johnsbury, to
go with its outlets in Colchester/Burlington,
Windsor, and Rutland. So "the North Country" will
get even more NPR.

By the way: what is the deal with public/ college
radio on Cape Cod? I know that there are stations
simulcasting WBUR and WUMB, plus there's one station in
Provincetown...but why isn't there a locally-oriented
public or college station to cover the Cape? Sure,
the Boston stations are good, but why not a _local_
station offering stuff like alternative rock, folk,
bluegrass, blues, classical, etc.?

I mean, you have stations from Sandwich High School
and Cape Cod Community College simulcasting stuff
from Boston--no original stuff, at least not that
I know of...