Re: lesser known pop hits

In a message dated 5/18/99 4:11:11 AM EDT, bluesradio_99@yahoo.com writes:

<< Ah,memories.I've been at WMWM since 1981, and do  remember stuff like the
Atlantics, Angry Young Bees,  Lou Miami, Robin Lane, the Neighborhoods, the
Neats,  and so on.    WMWM may still have a copy of that WCOZ album, which
 had a giant bear with a guitar standing in front of  the Pru (or was it the
Hancock?)<<
It is the Hancock Tower.

  >>If you can still find it, check out Rhino's "DIY:   Mass Ave.", a
collection of late 70s/early 80s  Boston rockers.

Ok, I'm getting so nostalgic reading all these posts about local bands I can
hardly stand it.  I don't have the Mass Ave album, (darn, now I want it), but
I have one called Boston Incest Album, which includes the Sidewinders, (with
Billy Squire), Willie Alexander, and the Marshalls.  Also Live at the Rat,
some Throbbing Lobster compilations, and a couple other compilations.  Alas,
these all sustained minor water damage in a flood in my apt. so they aren't
in pristine condition anymore, but I'd never sell them anyway.  I feel like
playing them right now.  And on the few occassions when I hear Prettiest
Girl, I crank it waaay up.  I have no clue who the local band favorites are
right now -- I haven't heard any of them.  I know some of the women but
that's all.  I dont' even know which stations have local music shows anymore.
I used to listen to all of them.

Also, I don't remember Tycoon or Oak, but I remember that New England song
Donna mentioned.  Someone mentioned Farrenheit - I knew Rick Farren's sister
in HS and I remember she told me his first band was called Live Lobster. I
saw that as a trivia question once.  And was Tavares from Boston?  I didn't
know that.
Well, i think I'll go play my Real Kids album now...  : )