Re: WABU sold to PAX

"A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@world.std.com> wrote:

> Cablevision in Boston and Brookline already has two PAX stations.  I think
> they're probably carried under the "Must Carry" rules and, if so, couldn't
> be dropped.

That rule needs to be changed.  What a waste to force a cable
system to carry identical programming on 3 channels.  Why does
the rule force a Boston cable system to carry a UHF from New
Hampshire, anyway?  The off-air signal doesn't carry into the city.

Speaking of Boston Cablevision, has anyone noticed they are
apparently gearing up to carry 6 new channels, 56 through 58 on
the A & B side?

Mark
laurence@sprintmail.com