all age groups spend $$$$$

- ----------
> From: SteveOrdinetz <steveord@xtdl.com>
> To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
> Subject: Re: Older vs. Younger Demos: HUH???????

> But how many people in this age bracket just blow it as opposed to
spending
> it on boring things like college tuition for their kids and investing for
> retirement?
>
> It's the teens and 20-somethings that drive the music and entertainment
as
> well as the fashion industries.  How many people are still going to be
> listening to their DMX or N'Sync CDs a year from now?  Very few, they'll
be
> listening to whatever's hot then.  Ditto for clothes, movies, etc.

While music/entertainment/fashion industries ARE primarily driven by
12-24's,
maybe even 12-34's....those are not the only products that are sold in this
society.

Of course middle age & older people will pay for their kids college and
will put cash into investments....but, that's to be expected.

However...there are hundreds of other categories of goods and services
that people of all ages purchase....in many cases, regardless
of age.

The advertising world is finally realizing that we are in an era of "the
new consumer age 45 to 64"....the aging boomers...people who've
always spent and still do....only the money now goes for $40,000 SUVs,
$5,000@ vacations, thousands of dollars on home remodeling, new
furniture, etc.,etc.,etc.!

.