Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 4/23: WABY Goes All-News

>Isn't that also a function of Country music having peaked and is no
longer
>the flavor of the day?
>Brian Vita, President

Good Day, Mr. President!  (I've been wanting to say that for a long
time.)  I could be WAY off base, but I had the impression that two
Country sigs. in town gave that "sound" and "image" a greater
presence, making it almost more acceptable for a Gr. Bostonian to tap
their foot or, God forbid, drive around with Country on the radio and
their car window rolled down.  With competition there is also that
quirky synergy effect, too.  So, IMO, the day Country became but a
lone signal, the slightly out-of-core fanciers of the sound simply
sold off their boots.

(Interestingly, the NH seacoast region is powering up the Country
sound.  Should be telling.)

Bill O'Neill