Re: The Globe's here...

Here's the scoop on WJIB-740......

It's  the IOP music format (Intrumental-Oriented Pop) weekdays, 22 hours a
day,  and the other two hours 7-9 AM it's Radio France Int'l News weekdays.
On weekends, most time is leased.  ADD Radio Group (WRCA-1330) leases Sat 8
AM to 12 Midnight.  Sunday, 7 AM to 11:30 AM it leased time directly between
WJIB and local churches.  11:30 AM, of course, is LTAR.  Then ADD Radio Group
takes over on the 12 Noon to 12 Midnight spot.

WJTO, however is a bit different.  Same music format sunrise to sunset 7 days
a week excepting for two things:  1) extensive local news coverage at 8 AM 12
Noon and 4 PM weekdays with 25 minutes of AP and WJTO-written local news.
and  (2), two churches and public affairs Sunday 10 AM to 12 Noon.   The
schedule rarely changes on WJTO.

Reason for sign-off at sunset (or usually 1 hour after sunset) is because
CKAC-730 out of Montreal is a real killer at night.   SOME nights, WJTO can
be heard in Portland at night nicely with the nighttime authorization of 28
watts, but MOST nights a car radio will pick up an even mix of WJTO and CKAC
in BATH!!!!!

On the "Somgs from the Heart" listing in the Globe.  I discontinued that 5
years ago. I'll have to get the Globe to replace that space with Radio France
listing.

- ---jibguy