Longest running local TV show (Was Re: Today's LTAR)

>Donna Halper wrote:
>My money is on "Starring the Editors"--  it ran from 1950 to 1975.  Can
>"Ask the Manager" beat that?  I think not.

        What about "Community Auditions," of which Dave Maynard was the
host in its later years?
        I'd always thought that WBZ-TV had used some little kids
tap-dancing or whatever on the dress rehearsal for that show's first week
instead of a test pattern when they did the transmitter tests in 1948,
technically making the show older than Boston TV itself <g>.