Re: Old-time police band (Was Re: MARTI)

On 16 Apr 99,  Martin J. Waters wrote:

>         You see some antique radios from the '30s that are all set to
> receive today's AM ex-band because they tune up to 1700, with the
> 1600-1700 section of the dial marked police. A neat package -- broadcast
> receiver and police "scanner" of that era built into one.

I remember having a radio like that in the 1950s.  Whenever I tuned to
that part of the band, I got nothing.  My father's explanation was
something like, "I think the short wave tube is broken."  Right.

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/